Monday, July 14, 2008

A Poem



Oh sweet water of life, I wait for you in the silence.  I sit, I choose to sit. I choose to sit still with my hands folded and think only of your love.  Like a small pool of water that begins to seep from the ground,  the knowledge of your love begins to slowly surround me.  Forgetting every distraction and thinking only of you, weightless it lifts me.  All my fear and shame...feelings of failure and embarrassment, scarcity and pain dissolve in the cool brisk touch of your waters.  Cover me now.  Let me swim deeper.  Let me float higher but never to reach the top.  Let me drown in your love...for in the death of these waters, I am tasting life.  A life of forgiveness so sweet, I could never imagine.  A delight so intoxicating my heart and lungs beg for more, breathing in deeper. more freely this time.

How many swims have I missed?  How many waters have I traded for the absense of this?  Your love is like a pool of perfect water.  Cleanse me in it.  Baptize me.  For there is no danger of too much of your love, of too much of your water.  The depths of your waters scare my shame and draw me close through the embrace of your death into life.  Drink.

1 comment:

  1. i love it. came upon your blog while browsing and your picture is just gorgeous..and your poem is beautiful. i truly do love it! =]

    ReplyDelete