Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Surprise!


On Sunday night, my wife and a ton of friends surprised me. It was an appreciation surprise. About a month ago the church could no longer afford to pay my salary as 20-30 Somethings Pastor, Graphic Designer, & Web Developer, so I was "let go." It was tough for everyone. Luckily, I had the best boss (Sr. Pastor) and co-workers anybody could possibly ask for, so although it was awfully hard, it was good. This was a party my wife, Robin, put together to surprise and bless me.

I had no idea about it, and it could not have come at a better time. I've been running myself a bit ragged looking for full-time employment, working contract jobs, etc. http://www.billyhollisdesign.com, for more info there. Anyway, I was really blown away by how many people showed up just to say, "Thanks" to me. It was very sobering and amazing. I don't know why it's so easy for me to start feeling like my life has no meaning or that I'm all alone, but it is. Times like these are rare and it's so important to really be present when they happen. To receive other people's love for me is so crucial to the health of my soul. Besides, when others love us, it's God loving us.

They put together a book of encouraging words while they were there, presented me with an incredible new 1T wireless hard drive (I know, I'm a geek), and for those whose stayed to the bitter end, we kicked around the guitar for an old fashioned round robin with all my awesome song writing friends.

It was great. Oh...yeah...the picture above just makes me happy...like the party did. ;)

2 comments:

  1. that is just so wonderful of them.
    it's moments like these that give us that extra boost.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. billy, being a part of that was a blessing. it was so great to be able to honor you! i am tearing up because i am so thankful that you felt so honored and loved. It's amazing to see how God has provided for you! that is what makes me feel loved. God really cares. keep runnin.

    ReplyDelete