Friday, March 7, 2008

I Love the Judester


My son, Jude Everett Hollis was born 2 months ago on January 8, 2008. I love him so much. He already weighs 15 pounds. He's a slugger. He recently started smiling and that's really fun. He has soft skin and I love the way his breath smells. In the morning when he wakes up, he's really chipper and coos a lot.



Before Jude was born I had a lot of fear about being a Dad. The biggest was wondering if he'd screw up like I do, or if in some way, I'd be a bad Father. There were a few times that it kept me up at night. I had fears that I wouldn't know how to hold him or calm him, or that all my sin was going to mess him up when he was older or something.



But when I held him in my arms for the very first time, all of that fear ran away. The Bible says that "Perfect love drives out fear." God's perfect love was evident to me in the face of this tiny little baby. That precious little child showed me a love that chased away all of that big fear. He's a slugger, and God is good. I'm so thankful that God has given him to Robin and I. And you know what? I think God knows better than I do. I think he gave me Jude because I'm going to be an Awesome Daddy.



Props to Stacy Cross for taking this picture: Stacy Cross Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment